Wednesday, May 6, 2009

History

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I am an environment artist working out of Saskatoon SK. I am a graduate of New Media Campus, where I completed a course in multimedia and another in 3D animation. During my final year at New Media Campus I was hired, part time, as a level designer by Far Vista Studios. Far Vista is a start up video game company here in Saskatoon. During my time there I produce a demo level in which I was responsible for everything from modeling, texturing, normal mapping, etc, right to the final process of integrating the level into the unreal 3 engine. Working with and learning from Far Vista was extremely valuable and helped me to graduated at the top of my class. After graduating I continued my work with Far Vista and also signed a contract as an environment artist with Cinepost Films to produce a fully animated commercial for Sasktel. For this project I modeled and textured the environment and props. Shortly after finishing this project, Sasktel awarded Cinepost another spot, and Cinepost offered me a full time position as lead environment artist, which is the position I am currently holding. I am very grateful and pleased with this position. The Cinepost team is full of very energetic and talented artistes, who have been able to teach me a lot about many different aspects of 3D animation. This position allows me to continue learning and growing as an artist. Although it may be challenging or even stressful at times, I love what I do and would like to thank all of my family, friends, teachers, and classmates that have helped along the way.

No comments: